The Penn Grill & Bar located on the north side of Penniman Avenue, in Downtown Plymouth is a great spot to meet up with friends, dine, drink or just have a good time. The fun atmosphere complete with large high-top tables and eight flat-screen televisions is the perfect place to catch any game.
The Penn Grill has plenty of fun for the non-sports fan as well, including Keno and a digital jukebox. Monday is Karaoke night and be sure to stop by on Tuesdays to participate in Trivia.
The Penn Grill & Bar offers a wide variety of bottled & draft beers, the menu is full of items for everyone to enjoy, with specials offered throughout the week.
Monday – 12 oz NY Strip – $10.95
Tuesday – Spaghetti & Meat Balls – $5.99
Wednesday – Half off Pizzas (dine in only)
Friday – Fish & Chips – $6.95
Monday – Friday Lunch Special- 1/2 Sandwich & soup – $4.95
Regardless of when you visit the Penn Grill & Bar, you will be sure to have a good time and a great meal!
For more great Metro Detroit Restaurants, visit www.michiganflavor.com.
Tony Sacco’s Coal Oven Pizza
Tony Sacco’s, located in Novi is a fast growing pizza company with Michigan Roots. They have a fantastic Coal Oven Pizza and the Garlic rotolis are a great starter. Monday through Friday lunch is a good time to go, they have an All you Can Eat Pizza Buffet for $6.95 or you can get a 9 in Personal Pizza and a Drink for $5.95.
E.G. Nick’s – Plymouth
Located in Downtown Plymouth, E.G. Nick’s serves a mean pie. The bread is fantastic as well.
Located in Livonia, Valentino’s Pizza has one of the best pizzas in the area. The pickup specials is fantastic! You can carry out a Large 1 tem pizza for $7.40. This special is available every day.
Looking for an authentic Italian pie? Located in Southfield, Pizzeria Biga is a favorite. The best time to go is on Monday when they have Half off small Pizzas from 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm.
Located on Ford Rd in Garden City, Rogala’s is home of the Thin and Snappy – A very good thin crust pizza.
Located on Five Mile Rd in Plymouth just west of Sheldon Road, the homemade dough is very good. A great time to go is on Sunday when you can get a Large 1 item for $8.00!
10. Harry’s Detroit – Detroit
Great spot Downtown Detroit. Specials, lots of TV’s and food is good.
9. Hermann’s Olde Town Grille – Plymouth –
Great spot in Plymouth, good beer selection, nice menu and specials.
8. Bailey’s Sports Grill – Dearborn –
Good food, lots of beers on tap, plenty of TV’s.
Tavern on The Main
7. Tavern on the Main – Clawson –
Tavern burger, couple beers and games.
6. Gator Jake’s Bar & Grill –
Good specials, lots of TV’s.
Rub BBQ Pub
5. Rub BBQ Pub – Detroit –
BBQ and games. Plenty of beers to choose from and good specials.
Ironwood Grill in Plymouth
4. Ironwood Grill of Plymouth – Plymouth –
Pizza is good, ribs are well prepared. Specials and lots of TV’s.Doc’s Sports Retreat
Doc's Sports Retreat
3. Doc’s Sports Retreat – Livonia –
Food is good, specials are nice, plenty of TV’s to watch all the games on.
2. Dooley’s Tavern – Sterling Heights –
Pizza, Burgers, Beer and games.
1. Lakepointe Yacht Club – Livonia –
No explanation needed.
Located in Downtown Flint, The Lunch Studio is serving up some of the best and healthiest sandwiches in the Flint area.
They use quality, fresh ingredients for all items, including soups and salads. They try to serve healthy but delicious menu items for every taste. Their efforts with low-sodium, low-fat and preservative-free offerings have led to Healthy Lifestyle Awards from the Genesee County Health Department.
The Lunch Studio is also known for accommodating special diets, including choices appropriate for individuals on the Weight Watchers program. They offer a veggie burger that resembles a fast-food favorite, and is only 200 calories. Some of the favorites include the veggie pita, chili and the turkey and avocado sandwich.
The Lunch Studio also serves breakfast sandwiches and bagels for breakfast. And for dessert, there are a variety of cookies and brownies, including peanut butter, chocolate chip oatmeal and cherry oatmeal.
The goal for the Lunch Studio is to keep their customers happy and healthy. Serving sandwiches they way they do, they accomplish their goal everyday. So if you’re looking for a healthy alternative to some of the lunch offerings available in the downtown flint area, visit the Lunch Studio during your next lunch break. You’ll be happy you did. Visit their Michigan Flavor profile for weekly lunch specials and to view their full menu.
The atmosphere of the French Laundry is reminiscent of a Paris cafe. The tables are close together, but customers are still able to be sat comfortably. There is a bar with stools if you are coming in specifically for the large selection of Local Craft Beers and fantastic wine selection. When weather permits outside seating is available.
The menu ranges from lunch time sandwiches (like the Georgia Reuben and Croque Monsieur) and salads to more traditional French dinner entrees (like Coq au Vin) and other entrees like the Scallops over spinach and mushroom risottos.
Breakfast is served from 7 A.M. to Noon and includes bagels as well as delicious egg dishes.
The dessert menu from scones, croissants, Creme Brulee. Be sure to save room for dessert, there are enough choices to satisfy any sweet tooth two..
French Laundry is an excellent choice for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The perfect place for bringing a date, dinner with friends or having the family together for a special meal. As one of the best restaurants in the Flint and Genesee County area, it’s definitely worth a try if you haven’t been to The French Laundry..
CK Mediterranean Grille features authentic Mediterranean food served in friendly atmosphere by a customer service-focused staff and also operates an exceptional catering service.
Everyday, more and more people are trying to limit their intake of both carbohydrates and fats. The menu offers a variety of homemade Middle Eastern dishes utilizing only the freshest ingredients, consistent with their high standards for quality without added carbohydrates and fat.
They offer a menu of Mediterranean and Middle Eastern prepared dishes that include but are not limited to: A variety of salads, soups, appetizers, falafel, kabobs, vegetarian items, grilled meats, poultry and combination plates. Some of the signature dishes include vegetarian favorites like the Falafel , Hummus made daily, Fattoush Salad and their amazing Crushed Lentil soup.
CK Medterranean Grille also offer up some of the best wraps in Detroit (available in white or wheat pita), such as a Beef or Chicken Kafta or the Chicken Fattoush wrap. For those looking for a Vegetarian wrap choice, included are the Grape Leaf, Mujadara with fried onions, and Falafel. For a little bit more you can add hummus and CK Grille’s garlic sauce to your gourmet wrap; and for an extra $2.99, you can make it a combo with soup, salad or rice, and a drink.
Whether it’s lunch, dinner or catering your office event, CK Mediterranean Grill looks forward to providing you with the best meal and the most fantastic service.
To learn more about CK Mediterranean Grill in Detroit, visit their profile page at MichiganFlavor.com or “like” them on Facebook.
Summer Tipping Guide
A recent article in Real Simple Magazine summarized some helpful hints for tipping service providers especially during the summer months. To avoid awkward moments with your food delivery person or hotel housekeeper, follow these helpful hints from Real Simple’s Summer Tipping Guide.
- Airport Skycap – keep in mind, large or bulky items such as golf bags and strollers may warrant a little extra gratuity, but a good rule of thumb to follow is $1.00 – $3.00 per bag.
- Bellhop – etiquette coach, Patricia Rossi suggests tipping the bellman an extra dollar for suitcases that are on the heavy side, but the typical car-to-room tip should be $1.00-$2.00 per bag.
- Camp Counselor – Make sure to read the camp handbook to find out if gratuities are allowed. If tips are against the rules, a simple thank you note will do; however, at camps were tips are permitted, your child’s counselor should be given up to $10.00 per week.
- Dog Groomer – While 15 – 20 percent gratuity is the norm, if your dog is a handful, you should consider tipping an extra 5%.
- Dog Walker – According to dogwalker.com, if your pooch is exercised for a week or more, your dog walker should be tipped up to 20 percent of the bill.
- Food delivery – 10 – 15 percent is an acceptable amount unless your ordering for a small army in which case, another 5% is warranted.
- Gardener or Pool Cleaner – This gratuity should be awarded at the end of the summer and should total $20-$50 or the cost of one visit.
- Hotel Housekeeper – It is important to remember that since the cleaning crew changes daily, you should tip daily, even if you’re staying for a week or more. Acceptable amount? $2.00 – $5.00 per night depending on how nice the hotel is and be sure to add an extra couple dollars if you have a large family.
- Housesitter – No gratuity is necessary, but if you’re feeling generous, bring the house sitter a gift from your travels.
- Seasonal Sports Instructor – No tip necessary. You are paying for the sessions with this professional, so no gratuity is expected.
- Shuttle-Bus Driver – The Emily Post Institute advises travelers to tip a shuttle-bus driver only if he waits for you, helps with your luggage or gets you to your destination quickly. Proper amount? Up to $2.00.
- Valet-Parking Attendant – Tip $1.00-$3.00 in small cities or $3.00-$5.00 in large cities. Remember, since large vehicles like SUV’s are more difficult to park, be sure to give the attendant a little extra for the trouble.
These Summer Tipping Do’s and Don’ts have been brought to you by MichiganFlavor.com, the place to go before you go out. Looking for a great place to dine during your Michigan vacation? Visit www.michiganflavor.com from your computer or download the free app from the Android marketplace and search for restaurants from your mobile device. More more great information about Dining in Michigan, “like” us on Facebook or connect with us on Twitter.
Image Source: bridalbuds.com
Reggie’s Soul Food Cafe offers a wide selection of home-style foods in a cozy, inviting atmosphere.
Located at 1301 W. Lafayette in Detroit, this homestyle cafe serves up healthy portions of honest-to-goodness comfort food. Your next trip to Detroit will not be complete without a stop at Reggie’s Soul Food Cafe!
Fried Catfish and French Fries
Homestyle Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes and Greens.
Homestyle Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes and Greens.
Fried Chicken Wings, Mac ‘n’ Cheese and Carrots.
Irresistible Peach Cobbler!
Reggies Soul Food Cafe
1301 W. Lafayette Avenue
Reggie’s Soul Food on Michigan Flavor